Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Gabby! (And a very busy couple weeks)...


Gabby's 1st sucker!

Well, our spitfire, of a daughter just had her first birthday yesterday. We didn't do a whole lot because Ben didn't get home until after her bed time. So my parents and I went to dinner and went to my grandmas house to have cake with my Uncle Josh and his family. She wasn't a very happy girl on her birthday because on Thursday she had an accident. She had hit her head and we had to go to the emergency room (always so FUN!) They did a CAT Scan. She was really good, they didn't even have to give her meds to knock her out for the scan. They said everything was good except that she had a concussion and to watch her. Well, it was a hard night for her and yesterday morning she vomited a couple times. And the rest of the day she cried a lot. And wanted to be held. When we had cake she was so funny. She mashed it into her toes even. So we threw her in the sink to rinse her off.

Cash, mommy, and Gabby with her new toy.

Today, we went to the Hidden Valley Park to continue Gabby's celebration. It is a very nice park. It even has a splash pad. Cash went nuts, as usual and the kids had time to spend with their dad. Gabby enjoyed it, too. All in all it was good 1st birthday for her.

Gabby eating her presents.

I just have to say that when I first found out that I was pregnant with my daughter I was not very happy. Now all that is said and done, my life would not be complete without her. She is a fighter and a very sensitive girl. She is a carbon copy of me (so every one says) and I am terrified of that. But I am so proud of her and the accomplishments this little girl has over come in her first year of life. So I know that she got at least one good thing from me and that is that she is tough cookie and can overcome anything. So here is to you my little girl. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My family (some are missing) about to eat cake

Okay, now for the last couple weeks. Well, to start off I started potty training Cash. He has done so well. He is potty trained when it comes to the peeing part (except for nights). The other, well, that is not working out so well. But, I guess time will only tell. PRAY FOR SOONER!
Second, we had the opportunity to go up and really spend some time with my sister and her two awesome kids. We went to the zoo and it was great because there was nobody there. It was cold but not freezing but not WARM! We rode the carousel and Cash DID NOT like it. But as for the train he was all about it. Gabby, even liked the train. And we also went to my cousins wedding. I am so excited for you, Jessse. Hope it goes well for you. We didn't stay long because my daughter was so done. I would say so were ALL the other kids. I would say it was one of my favorite visits. My sister helped me with Gabby and her glasses. Now she keeps them on. YAY! And she gave her lots of treats that I have not. Like her first sucker and she loves them! I want you to know, Kandiss, that I love you even though we don't see eye to eye. You are awesome and a great example to me and my children and I love your two little ones. And Cash just worships your two girls, too. Sydney, is his little buddy. Even though they get into LOTS of trouble.
For being really busy and stressed out these last couple weeks, I am just starting to understand the word MOTHERHOOD! With that I love my children with all my heart, mind and body and never trade being a mom in for anything!!! (More pictures are on the next entry.)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: