Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bad, Bad, Bad about blogging....

Okay, I know that it has been months since I have blogged. Been busy here in So. Cali. Between being at home with the kids by myself majority of the time and my calling in church and supporting Ben and this new adventure with Outdoor Outlet.
To start off we are doing really well here. We started going back to church. I am in RS and Ben is the Teacher's Teacher. Funny stuff! And Ben and I are making it our goal to get sealed to each other and our beautiful children by next summer. We will see how it goes...
Cash started preschool. It is 5 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. He LOVES it! He wants to go every day. He can now write his name. He is doing well and he loves his primary teacher. He is getting super big.
For Gabby, well, she is a SPITFIRE! Man, she is handful and a LOT of work. Patient is what she is teaching me. We started potty training her back in September and she is doing good. She loves her nursery teacher. She calls her a "Peacher" and Connie (teacher) loves it. She has grown up so much. We just found out that her tubes in her ears fell out and she already has a ear infection. And, of course, she won't take her antibiotic. Doctor and ourselves are hoping we don't have to repeat ear surgery again.
We have had a lot happen since we moved here. My father had to have a quad bypass done back in June. No, he did not have heart attack. He went to have a check up and found out he was living on borrowed time. Then over the 4th of July my very dearest and most precious friend past away. My grandmother, who I had the great opportunity to get to know and take care of her while she fought her lung cancer. She finally, lost the fight to her cancer after 4 1/2 yrs. I will miss her truly.
Then in August I got a scary call and rushed back to St. George because 3 out of the 4 bypasses my father got failed. We found out that they could not do anything more for him. So we pray every day to keep him with us.
As for my mom, she just had a PET scan and she is clean and cancer free still. Yay!!!!! Although, she has a hard time keeping her white blood cell count up. She has to get transfusion every once in a while.
We did have the opportunity to go to Disneyland with my family. We had a blast. My kids are lame and don't like the big rides. Cash hates all the big rides. Thunder Mtn., Space Mtn., Splash Mtn., even the Matterhorn. He is so lame. Gabby enjoyed the Matterhorn.
For Halloween we enjoyed it with my cousin and her kids. We went to our ward's Halloween party. Which, Gabby, won the most unique costume. Funny stuff. Then the next day we went to Disneyland with them. We had a ball. We really enjoyed the time with them.
So as you can tell we are still alive and well. We are getting use to California. It was really hard for me at first. I am doing better and I love my ward. I love all the ladies that I have come to know. I will cherish them always. We do go to the beach at least once or twice a month. It is about a half hour to hour away. The kids love it. They are not afraid of the water. We try to find clams every time to go. The kids love to watch them.
We are getting for the holidays. Hopefully we will go to St. George for a week to enjoy it with our family. I will do my best to at least blog once or twice a month.
Until next time... Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!! (Enjoy the pics.)

Cash & Gabby on Halloween!
Nanna & Papa with kids during a visit!
Many of the beach visits!
4th of July fireworks and Gma's funeral.
Gabby sporting a smile for the camera.
Cash, Nat, Tdog, Squid and Gabby for pictures.

Papa being goofy!
Cash's 4th bday @ Pirate Pizza.
Swimmin' during a huge rain storm!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I am so glad to hear that you guys are starting to get used to the move and enjoying your friends and neighbors! We miss you guys, but are also secretly jealous of your adventures and proximity to the beach!! We hope you have a very happy and Merry Christmas. And btw, I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog - you all look so cute!!!

Ashlee said...

It is so nice to read your blog post! It is fun to see what you guys have been up too. I know how hard it is to acclimatize to a new city. YOu are doing great Tasha and I know how hard it is. I have been through all that you have been through! Hang in there my friend. As time goes by your will get used to it more and more. Know that you are loved! Love your family picture. You guys look truly happy. Love you so much and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Season.
Love you tons,
Ashlee