Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring and Family


Me, Gabby, Ashtyn, McKenna, Branson, Cash, Donnavon, Jayden, JaNeil



Well, this last weekend some of my family came down. The Strong's and all there kids, but one. And my Aunt Karen and her kids. It was a good weekend. We went to Town Square and let the kids get their feet wet. And, of course, my son loves water. He couldn't even wait to get his suit on to get in. And Gabby had fun, too. The water was cold but the kids didn't mind. That is really the most exciting thing we did. The rest of the time we spent with my grandma. She is not doing well and she doesn't leave the house. So we spent a lot of time in the house. We went through old pictures. Some really neat old pictures. We found this one of my great great great grandpa working on the rail roads. It was a good time.


Monday, I took the kids for their shots and Gabby's 1 year check-up. Cash didn't even cry. And he is growing well. He had an ear infection, though. I didn't even know. And well, Gabby gave us a scare. She has not gained weight for 3 months now. So the doctor wanted to do blood tests. So on top of her shots she had to get blood drawn. We found out that everything was okay. We just have to take her in every month to check her weight. She is only 17.5 lbs. She is in the lower 4 percentile. We also went to the eye doctor and he said we won't be needing surgery on her eyes. The glasses work. So for now she has to do the patch and for the rest of her life she will have glasses or contacts. So all in all good news.
But on Thursday after lunch when Gabby woke up, she wouldn't stop throwing up. She has been real sick with a fever of 102 or higher. But this morning she woke up and kept her small amount of liquid and food down. So hopefully she is on the mend. Cash, I am glad to report is potty trained. Yay for Cash! The only thing we are working on is his night time stuff. He is getting better at waking up and letting me know he needs to go. I don't expect his night time potty training to be complete for a couple months.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Tasha, the kids are too cute! I am truly glad that Gabbys blood work turned out ok. I seriously think she will be a feather weight because she is so petite and cute! Looks like you guys had a fun family outing at the Town center. It looks so warm there and I am jealous! :) Thanks for the uplifting words last week. I sure have appreciated you always being there for me. You are one of my best friends! Love ya and missyou!

Nekiya said...

Hey can I hire you to come potty train Donavin? I am at the end of my rope with him. But unfortunatly I have to work so I dont have time to train him. Sorry about little Gabby though. Let me know if you need anything.