Monday, September 29, 2008

Grandma...



This week was kind of eventful. Not in a way of happiness. I clean my grandmothers house for her once a week or twice a week. I also mow their lawns now. I went to go clean her house for her on Tuesday and ended up going to Costco to get cleaning supplies for her. She came because my mother told her to get out of the house. So we went and I parked fairly close to the entrance. Now I had my kids with me. I grabbed a cart and put the kids in and had my grandma hold on to help her walk because she is having a hard time keeping balance and she gets dizzy and falls. We started for the for the entrance, and I am not kidding when I say it took us 10 minutes to get to the entrance. She was holding on and using her cane. All I could do was think to myself "This is going to take for ever".

So we finally get in and she says that she needs to sit down and for me to go and do the shopping. So I took my two monkeys and we went shopping and left her sitting there. So we got finished and went for grandma so we could pay. It took us another 10 minutes to get to check out. We payed and she sat down at the food place and says she is going to pass out. So I asked her if she was hungry. I bought her a hot dog and she had 2 bites. Then we got up to go out and there was another 10 minutes to the car. I shopped for 10 min. and the rest of the time was waiting for her. I love her but as you can tell she is not doing well at all.

So the following day I went to clean her house and my mother took Cash to her house to put him down for a nap. So my grandma was holding Babby and fell alseep rocking her. By that time Gabby was hungry and my grandma said she needed to lay down. Let me remind you that she had only been up for 2 hrs. So I took Gabby and feed her and finished cleaning. I went to say goodbye to my grandma and she was sound asleep with the TV blarring. I realized then that she was at the end of her long road. I sat down on the folding chair and watched her sleep for a few minutes and weeped. At that moment I knew that I did not have much time with her left. She is not well. She is slowing at a rapid pace. I also realized that she has out lived what they told her from the beginning of her lung cancer battle. They gave her six months and this Novememeber it will be 3 yrs. She has lived a long strong life. She is a great woman and will be a great assest to God's army. She ia kind, generious, gentle woman. It will be a very sad day when she leaves us but she has fought long and hard to live to see a dozen great grand children (including mine) to come into this world. She is a hero of mine. I love her with all my heart. She is wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother, and friend to all. She has tried to do all that God has commanded her to do. She is a great example of what God has asked us woman to to do. Be wife and a mother. She is my constant reminder that all woman can survive, sainly, motherhood. I will miss her greatly when she is gone.

Now back to this week...

So anyways my husband and I agreed to clean out storage units and take pictures for my grandpa. Let me tell you how sickly dirty some of them are. I was caked with dirt when we were done. We had 48 of them to do. It took us about 4 hours. It was fun to work with my husband even though he whinned a lot. I should of smacked him but I just let it go and finished the job. I love my husband. It takes a lot to get him going but once he does he is a machine. He is a hard worker. I love him and I love my two children.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

AHH! I didn't know you started a blog! Yeah! Very cute! Sounds like things are going well with you and Ben. Not so well for your Grandma, but she sounds like a great woman!

Patterson said...

EVERY WORD YOU SAY ABOUT YOUR GRANDMA IS TRUE. SHE IS A WONDERFUL WOMEN. SHE TREATED ME AS ONE OF HER OWN WHILE WE WERE GROWING UP. I SHOULD REALLY MAKE SOME TIME TO COME DOWN AND VISIT EVERYONE. TASHA, I HAVE LOVED YOU AS A SISTER AND YOUR FAMILY AS MINE. YOUR SUCH A FANTASTIC GRANDAUGHTER TO HELP YOUR GRANDPARENTS. I'M IN THE SAME BOAT RIGHT NOW WITH MY GRANDMA AND SOME DAYS ITS HARD BUT YOU JUST REMEMBER THEY WON'T ALWAYS BE HERE SO CHERISH YOUR TIME NOW. LOVE YA LOTS BRITTANY