Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day/Gabby's Blessing






Well this week has been a rather eventful one. Over the Labor Day weekend we had family in town. Sister's family (of course) and also the Strong's family. Bless their hearts. Tom and Lorna always make sure that they are always there for our family events. I do have to give a shout out to them. I know it is difficult and all but, they made it.

I also was excited to see their children. We had a great time just talking and laughing about old times. It was nice to have them here and support our family in this time of difficulty. They are like second family to me.

My sister Kandiss and I had the oppurtunity to go with my mother to Costco and what a trip that was. My mother, because of the pills, was a crazy woman. I have never heard her vent/yell about the dumbest stuff. She got mad because the lady at the bank wouldn't hurry. Or that my dad didn't close the blinds and Whitney whinning. It was hilarious to Kandiss and I. We decided that if my mom takes those pills again that she will have to be locked in her room till it wears off. Because she would pick fights and scream at others. It was way funny! I love my mom.

We also blessed our Gabby on Sunday. Doug (Ben's dad) blessed her. It was very sweet blessing. It was so great. And the dress that she wore was so pretty. I have to give the thanks to my mom. She is the one who made it. And it was everything I wanted. Little Gabby was so cute in it. We went to my moms afterwards and had food. My aunts and uncles of my dad side came. I was very glad they did. I haven't seen them since the Christmas party. It was great to see them.

I want to tell my mother and sister (golden child :)) how much they did for me this weekend. They are the ones who put it all together. They are great. My sister is admiration for me. I try to strive and be like her but I am not her. But I want her to know that I love her and her crazy ways. She is a great example and a friend. For my mother I love her with all my heart and she is my hero. She does so much and is going through all the crazy cancer stuff. I love her and cherish all that she does.

And my father and a little sister I want them to know that they complete our family in ways that they will never know. I love them. My little sister has been the greatest help with my two kids. They love their Whinny. And my father what a man of great strength. I love him.

So as you can tell it was good week and and a great weekend. Even though my day to day stuff is hard it is a good life. I thank my husband for the courage and strength to go and provide for us every day in this desert heat. I love him with all my heart and he is my best friend.

3 comments:

Larzipan said...

first of all... freakin' cute blog! second... HOP ON THE BLOG WAGON!!! WOOO HOOO! It sucks that we have to keep in touch this way (since we live in the same freaking city...) but it works! Keep it up!

Ashlee said...

What a cute little family the four of you make! I can't believe how big Cash and Gabby are getting! They are so cute! Gabby looked so pretty in her blessing dress. I feel bad we weren't there to support you guys. Know you are in my thoughts often. I will get my blog up and running soon. Please stay in touch!

altbirth said...

Hey Tash, how are you doing? I really love your family and i am thinking about you guys often. You babies are sooo cute! You look wonderful. I am hoping to come home for a few weeks pretty soon. I love your mom, and you know I love you. I cant wait to see you all and give you huge hugs...