Friday, February 13, 2009

Daughter like mother...


Okay, yesterday I had to take my daughter to the eye doctor because Dr. Cain referred us to them because of Gabby's left eye. So it was a long afternoon but we found out some really sad news, for me anyways. We found out that Gabby has inhereted my genes for bad eyes.


Let me start with me, I was about a year and half when the did 2 eye surgeries on my left and one surgery on my right to help with my lazy/extreme far sidednes. Afterwards I had to wear patches on my right to make my left eye work better. I also was cursed with "coke bottle" glasses most of my life. I still have to wear contacts to this day. This first picture shows me (in the clown costume by the lion) with a patch on my right eye. My grandma painted the eye on most of my patches. I have my glasses on but in the second picture you can see how thick they were.Well, like I said my daughter inherited the gene. We found out that her eyes (especially the left) are needing help. So the doctor said Gabby has to wear a patch for 4 hrs. a day and glasses are a must. We will be ordering them next week and I will post pictures of her in them but it will be a couple weeks before we get them. We don't know if she will have surgery yet. We will know in six months or so. I know that it is not as devastating news as malformations and heart stuff. But I know what it is like for my daughter because I went through it. I cried after I left the doctors. My daughter has overcome ton in her first year of life. She is fighter and a spitfire! We love her so very much. Patches now a days are much more cute!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

Tash you are a trooper. I remember you telling me about your eyes but I didn't know you had to patch them. My younger sister had to do that when she was very little. I totally understand the hurt you are going through. I know that Gabby doesn't have heart problems but it is a hard thing to hear when one of your kid has to go through something that will be hard. No MATTER what it is it is devastating as a parent. I am really sorry to hear about Gabby. She is such a doll and her little patched eye is cute. Patches have come along way. My mom used to make my little sisters out of felt and secure it over her glasses. Hang in there Tash, you & Gabby will be in our prayers. I am here for you! ;)Hugs!

Shelly said...

I am sorry that Gabby has to go through this too, but she does look very cute, and you turned out beautifully, so I know she will too! Love you guys!

Nekiya said...

Oh poor little Gabbs. We love you and miss you

Shawn said...

I know what the bad vision is all about! I went cross-eyed when I was 3 1/2, which meant eye-patches, and coke bottle lenses. I think my eyes are not hereditery though cause I had a really bad fever when I was a baby, and the doctors think that is what caused it. At least I am crossing my fingers my kids don't have to deal with it, cause as you and I know, it does suck. Good luck! I bet she'll be one cute girl with glasses!

Larzipan said...

She is rather charming with an eye patch... arrr! ;)

Shans said...

She is so cute in her patches just like you were. She'll make it through she is as tough as her mother. I loved spending time with you this weekend, you were my bright spot in all the other stuff. Thanks for all that you do for Grandma and Grandpa. Your kids are so darling and you are such a great Mom -- Love you.

Syphus Family said...

Tasha, Our son Taylor has the same thing- had surgery at 7 months and still crosses a little when wearing glasses. He is followed closely by his pediatric opthamologist and got glasses at 12 months. It was an adjustment at the beginning, but loves them now. I found your blog through Kristen Wintle!

Stephanie Syphus (wife to Lee Syphus- Ben's cousin!)

Patterson said...

I know what your going through. We found out about 4 months ago that Reagan needed glasses. She has lazy eye in both her eyes and is very farsided. She now has her glasses and never takes them off. I think she's finally glad she can see. Love Ya Brittany