Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Couple busy weeks...





I know it has been a couple weeks but they have been busy ones. First, I have been working on the lovely word TAXES! We all love this word. Yes, some of us like the outcome of the work that is put into it. I am one of those people that has to do the leg work. I try to keep things organized year round to eliminate the hassle at the end. But no matter how organized you are, it still sucks doing your taxes. So Ben was excited that I did our taxes on my own and that we didn't have to pay anyone. We are excited that we did well.
We also had the joy of going to my parents for the Super Bowl. It was fun! We played Rock Band at half time. My mother made these hamburgers that were out of this world. They were Spanish or Italian. That same weekend we had my aunt Karen come to help out with my grandparents. It was a really fun time with her. She can be such a fun person without her kids.
We finally got our taxes and decided to fix our water pump in our car. So Ben and I on Saturday went to his shop to fix it. We took Cash and we let him play around and he found this squirrel and chased it and feed it. He was so funny. Ben and I decided that it was time for a new car because we didn't know how much my car would make it. It is 10 yrs. old with 180,000 miles on it. We haven't had a car payment in 6 yrs. so we haven't really done anything but look. Well, after we fixed our car Ben and I went to test drive this truck that had been sitting there on the lot for a month or so. Well, we ended up buying it (scary I know with money tight and all. But we needed a car that was reliable)! It is a white 2004 GMC Serria 2500 crew cab with 55,000 miles on it. We got a huge steal, thanks to Saturn. We are excited as can be. So THANK YOU to Saturn. That makes 8 vehicles that my family has bought from them in 10 yrs. (I will post truck pics later.)
We also went and got Squirt spayed and her Rabies shot and Charlotte her rabies. CharChar can't sit down because her bum is sore from the shot and Squirt is so not happy. It is funny to see them solemn. :)
Gabby is still not officially crawling but she moves. It is funny how she does it. She gets in crawling position and then sits. And she has moved. I might call and see what Early Intervention says. She has her 2 bottom teeth now. And Cash is still his crazy little self. He loves the new truck! He wants to always go for a drive.

4 comments:

Larzipan said...

I saw your truck at mom's but I didn't know you just bought it! It looks awesome... and just in time for whitney pockets! :)

Ashlee said...

Tasha! I can't believe how the kids are growing! Ok, Look at all the hair Gabby has! I am so jealous! Karmindy just has duck fluff. It is cute but you can't do anything with it. I am afraid she is going to have baby fine hair like her mother. Poor girl! I love the kids pictures. They are so cute Tash! Congrats on the new car! I am not looking forward to the day when the our Saturn gives up the ghost. I hear ya bout no car payment it is nice and we are not looking forward to that again if the saturn dies! Hope you are well. Give the kids a squeeze for me! Miss ya tons! -Ash

Nekiya said...

I love that first pic of you and Cash man. It is about time you updated this thing. I miss you guys.

Shelly said...

Tasha, Thank you so much for the beautiful comments you posted on our blog. Your kids are beautiful and you are doing a great job with them. You can see how much they love you and how much joy they bring to you. You don't need inspiration in that department, but thank you anyway. It was so good getting to see you recently and we can't wait to see you again. Love you guys!
Shelly