Monday, October 12, 2009

Crazy and scary few weeks

Talmage, cute as always.

This is what my daughter does every morning in 5 minutes!
Okay, I have not had time to blog because my mother has put us through the ringer these last few weeks (not on purpose). To start off the day after the Frampton concert my parents flew up to S.L.C. to be with Kandiss and her family. So that night they took my mother into the emergency room up there because they thought my mom was having a heart attack. It was a long night because we all know how well the emergency room takes their time. I finally got a phone call at 2 am saying my mom had A LOT of gall stones and one was blocking a duct to the pancreas and that was causing pancreaitis and it was all swollen and infected. They said it was life threatening due to the condition of my mother (still in the middle of chemo and gastric bypass). So she had to stay at the U hospital for a couple days. She then had her gall bladder out 5 days later. She came home on a Thursday and went back to the hospital again due to the fact she couldn't keep anything down. They said it was due the medicine. So the following week my sister came down with her family to help out with my mom because she was going to have chemo on that Wed. and my dad wouldn't have been around due the marathon. He has to help because he works for the city. So my sister gets her and my mom's doctor told her to wait a week to have chemo since she just had her gall bladder out. So the following day my sister took back to the hospital because my mom was having serious pain in the lower region. Well, they found out that she had a kidney stone. They sent her home and 4 days later she still hadn't passed the stone and so they went to a urologist and he said she needed surgery. So they did the surgery 2 days later. And she seems to be doing better. So as you can see my family has been dealing with a lot.
Gabby and her favorite food, COTTAGE CHEESE!
But with all that I managed to catch some pictures of some good times. Cash is getting bigger and he seems to be older in so many ways. Gabby well she is growing like a weed and she is like a weed. SHE IS EVERYWHERE! Man, that little girl is going and learning and going and going and doesn't stop. She is saying a lot and getting into everything. She opens doors and shut off lights and TV and computer. She is a LOT OF WORK! She has so much personality for a little thing.
Syd, Cash, and Nat doing pumpkins.
We are doing okay as a family. Same ol', same ol'. Just getting ready for Halloween and all the big holidays. I do have to admit I love this time of year, fall, I mean, not the holidays but just the weather and the spirit it brings.
Cash pouting, a new thing.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Larzipan said...

Yikes! Your poor mom! I can't help but wonder if you weren't exactly like Gabby when you were little?

Shawn said...

Oh man Tasha! I am so sorry for your mom and all the stress that brings. Don't forget that I am just a phone call away if you ever need to talk to anyone. Take care of those little ones, and take care of yourself. Can't wait till I can see you guys next! Hopefully Thanksgiving (if I'm not too big and uncomfortable!)!!